Chinese urbanization: A revolution in the making.
- By 2030, China’s urban population alone is projected to hit 1 billion.
1. China’s urbanization has been critical to the country’s economic development.
2. In 1980, at the very beginning of economic reform, barely 200 million Chinese lived in cities.
3. In the three decades since, the urban population has grown by 500 million.
4. By 2030, China’s urban population is projected to hit 1 billion.
From China Must Take Care of Its City-Dwellers by Tom Miller (Financial Times)