Steven Hill is a San Francisco-based writer on the digital economy, Big Tech, economic trends and impacts on democracy.
He is a former senior fellow and program director at New America, a co-founder of FairVote and the former policy director at the Center for Humane Technology.
Steven was also a Holtzbrinck fellow at the American Academy in Berlin and journalist-in-residence at the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
Mr. Hill is the author of seven books, including:
– “Europe’s Promise: Why the European Way is the Best Hope in an Insecure Age,”
– “Raw Deal: How the Uber Economy and Runaway Capitalism Are Screwing American Workers.”
– “Die Startup Illusion: Wie die Internet-Ökonomie unseren Sozialstaat ruiniert,”
– “10 Steps to Repair American Democracy,” and
– “Expand Social Security Now: How to Ensure Americans Get the Retirement They Deserve.”
His articles and media interviews have appeared in publications such as the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, Wired, CNN, Die Zeit, Handelsblatt and Le Monde.
He lives in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit Steven Hill’s website at www.Steven-Hill.com and follow him @StevenHill1776.