Obama’s Record: We Told You So, 2009-2016
Predictions ahead of and assessments during President Obama’s tenure.
- The Globalist's predictions ahead of and assessments during President Obama’s tenure.
- April 10, 2009: “Obama, the (Foreign Policy) Realist”
By Stephan Richter | Is President Obama too nice to lead effectively?
- August 28, 2009: “Barack Obama as Gentil Organisateur”
By Stephan Richter | President Obama’s legacy will be a world where non-Americans are the true agents of change?
- April 12, 2011: “Obama and the Surprising Return of the Moderate Republican”
By Stephan Richter | Contrary to conventional wisdom, how has moderate Republicanism made a comeback in Washington?
- September 23, 2011: “The Increasing Irrelevance of the U.S. Presidency”
By Stephan Richter | What is currently (but erroneously) made out to be a personal weakness of Mr. Obama’s will reveal itself as a structural shift in the U.S. body politic.
- May 17, 2013: “Obama’s Third Term”
By Stephan Richter | By the time Obama has been afforded two terms of on-the-job training, he could actually make a pretty good President.
- December 14, 2014: “No NSA Reform, No CIA Reform”
By Stephan Richter | In a real democracy, post crisis-reform would happen in no time. America is not a serious country.
- May 4, 2015: “Obama’s Haunting Legacy”
By Stephan Richter | A two-term presidency spent on running away from Black America.
- June 1, 2015: “Barack Obama a “Progressive”? Teddy Roosevelt Wouldn’t Agree”
By Stephan Richter | Teddy Roosevelt knew that corporations had become too powerful and acted to protect the functioning of democracy.
- March 22, 2016: “The Silent Emergence of the Obama Doctrine”
By Stephan Richter | A President who ended the curious U.S. practice of turning natural allies into mortal enemies.