Germany – The Globalist’s Top 10 Features
October 3 was Germany’s national holiday, to commemorate the country’s reunification in 1990. We present 10 features.
- The Globalist's Top-10 features to commemorate the anniversary of German reunification.
- Germany’s Immigration Challenge
By Daniel Stelter | We have to make an honest assessment of costs and benefits of the migration crisis.
- Germany=Geoeconomics, US=Geopolitics?
By Stephen F. Szabo | Mercury or Mars? What separates Germany and the United States.
- Anti-Militarism: A Source of Modern German Confidence
By Michael Vlahos | With nothing left to prove on battlefields, Germany can pursue other tasks and strategies.
- Germany: The Reluctant Leader of the New Europe
By Stephen Green | Germany’s nuanced role as the new leader of Europe.
- Pity Poor Germany? Leadership Comes with Responsibility
By Richard Phillips | How can an economy, which represents only 4.9% of global GDP, be so central to the global economic outlook?
- The Return of the “Ugly German”: Unavoidable?
By Alexei Bayer | Europe may fear Germany, but the European project needs it.
- The EU and the German Risk
By Markus Heinrich | Germany is not just a core member of the EU, it is the core member. Being the EU’s biggest asset also means it is its Achilles heel.
- A Letter to My German Friends
By Denis MacShane | From the Vietnam War to the eurozone crisis: What today’s Germany must learn from LBJ.
- Greece: The Franco-German Split Over “Solidarity” in Europe
By Stephan Richter | Why are Europe’s two key economies so deeply divided over this issue?
- German Scientists as 18th-Century Globalists
By David Blackbourn | The Germans did not have an overseas empire in the 18th century. How did they still become a global force in trade, science, religion and exploration?